Roofing systems sustain some amount of wear and tear every day – and that’s normal. It’s the occasional storms you need to be wary of because they can accelerate your roof’s deterioration. Different storms leave different types of damage on your system. Some are unobtrusive while others are about as subtle as a tree crashing against your roof (which does happen in extreme cases).
- Hail Damage
Large hailstones can damage your roof upon impact leaving small dents and cracks that grow larger over time. These openings make it easy for water to infiltrate your roof. What’s more, when hailstones crash against your roof, they can also knock off the shingles’ protective granules, exposing the material further to the elements.
Hailstones form when raindrops carried upwards by thunderstorm drafts come into contact with freezing temperatures in the atmosphere. They grow larger when they collide with other droplets that freeze onto the stone’s surface. When the thunderstorm drafts can no longer support the weight of hailstones, they fall back to earth. How fast they fall will depend on their size, the friction between the stone and the surrounding air, and local wind conditions. Small hailstones usually have expected fall speed of up to 25 miles per hour (mph), regular-sized stones fall between 25 to 40 mph, and large ones fall up to 72 mph.
- Wind Damage
High winds are just as bad as hailstorms. They can get under your roofing shingles and loosen them – and, if the winds are strong enough, blow them off completely because of uplift pressure. They don’t always move in a steady, smooth stream. High winds swirl up and down, sideways and in circles at varying speeds. That’s because they react to temperature and pressure differences in the Earth’s atmosphere. Variations in your area’s topography and terrain can also affect them.
High winds can leave your “bald” patches on your roof, increasing the risk of leaks due to wind-driven rain. That’s not all, however. They can also pick up large objects, such as tree limbs, outdoor furniture and even sections of your neighbors’ roofing system, and have them crash against your roof. You’ll know your roof and home will need prompt restoration when the tree in the backyard now has its branches poking through your roof and into the living room.
Steps to Take When Your Roof Has Sustained Storm Damage
When storm damage does happen, you’ll need to take a few crucial steps. By knowing the essentials, you can get started on your residential roofing restoration the right way.
- Safety first, so keep your family and pets away from the affected area. If the storm has no sign of waning, put off your damage assessment for when it’s safer. In the meantime, you can take measures that prevent further damage to your home, such as placing smaller valuables in another room or covering any furniture you can’t move with plastic sheets to protect them.
- Take a close look at your roof once the storm has passed by finding a spot that overlooks the system and using your binoculars to survey the damage. It’s not a good idea to climb up onto the roof yourself. Instead, assess the damage from the ground, and take photos and videos along the way. Having proper documentation of the extent of roof storm damage is especially handy when you need to file an insurance claim later. After this, call your trusted local roofing contractor perform a more comprehensive damage assessment.
- Don’t put off roof repair or restoration. Otherwise, you’ll end up paying more down the road. Have your roofer deal with the damage and restore your system to its pre-loss condition immediately to ensure your home remains structurally sound.
- Ask for assistance. Navigating the complex insurance claims process can be daunting, so don’t hesitate to ask for assistance from experts. They’ll represent you to your insurance adjuster and will help you get the fair coverage you need.
Why You Should Work With AQ Roofing LLC
Roof storm damage needs to be dealt with quickly, sure, but it always pays to hire a trusted residential and commercial roofing contractor for the job. For Arkansas homeowners, the name to call is AQ Roofing LLC. We are a fully licensed, bonded and insured company that has always sought to deliver full customer satisfaction in every project we undertake. Here are more of the reasons to trust us for your roof storm damage repair and restoration:
- Certified: AQ Roofing LLC has earned distinctions from some of the largest roofing manufacturers in North America. These include GAF, CertainTeed® and TAMKO®. Designed to withstand the harshest weather conditions, our top-tier asphalt shingle roofing systems work to keep your home safe and damage-free all year round. They are also available in a wide selection of colors, textures and thicknesses, allowing for many design possibilities. Plus, they come with solid warranty coverage for your greater protection.
Manufacturer certifications are not given to just any roofer. The professional team from AQ Roofing LLC has undergone rigorous testing and training to earn them. That’s why – should you need a roof replacement due to extensive storm damage – you only need to turn to us. We’ll make sure your new residential roofing is installed to these brands’ quality specifications.
- Experienced: AQ Roofing LLC has provided homeowners and commercial property managers in Central Arkansas with exceptional roofing solutions since 2013. We are deeply familiar with the area’s specific codes and regulations, so you’re sure your storm damage repair or roof replacement is done up to code. No shortcuts, costly mistakes or callbacks – only superior workmanship backed by industry experience.
- Customer-Centric: We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and maintain an A+ Rating with the organization. In the off chance that you have concerns about the quality of our roof storm damage restoration services, AQ Roofing LLC, as your trusted roofing contractor, will be more than happy to address them. In fact, we’ll let the satisfactory scores and ratings we’ve received from previous clients speak of the way we perform business.
You can make your roof storm damage restoration stress-free when you turn to a trusted professional, AQ Roofing LLC, for the job. With our unmatched solutions, we’ll keep your roof and home in the best shape – no matter the weather. We serve the areas in and around Sherwood, AR. Call us today at (501) 951-1683, or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.